CHOOSE THE PROTECTION MODEL BEST SUITED FOR YOUR USE CASES
As the industry pioneer in cloud security, CipherCloud supports multiple cloud protection modes including inline gateways and API integration across multiple clouds. Inline gateways deliver robust zero-knowledge security while API-based cloud integration can monitor activity and apply policies to data already in the cloud or accessible by remote users, partners and mobile devices.
ROBUST INLINE PROTECTION
Inline protection is analogous to a border guard. If you can route your cloud traffic through a control point, data can be protected before it goes to the cloud, delivering the highest levels of security. CipherCloud provides the most robust inline protection with on-premises and cloud-based gateways that can encrypt or tokenize sensitive data fields while customers maintain exclusive control over encryption keys.
The CipherCloud Gateway provides:
- Active Encryption: Ironclad data protection ensures that unauthorized outsiders or cloud providers have no way to access the sensitive content without the keys, which never leave your control
- Customer Key Management: Encryption keys never leave your organization and are never available to the cloud provider, preventing accidental or forced disclosure
- FIPS Validated, Standards-Based Encryption: AES 256-bit encryption, NIST-approved key management, FIPS 140-2 validation of cryptographic modules
- Format and Function Preserving: Supports searching, sorting, reporting, indexing and charting, while data remains encrypted or tokenized
- Tokenization: Meets strict data residency requirements, substituting randomly generated values for the original data
- High Performance: Deployed in many of the world’s largest enterprises, with a highly scalable distributed architecture, high throughput and extremely low latency
FLEXIBLE API-BASED INTEGRATION
Many cloud applications are designed to connect users from numerous locations, both inside and outside your organization and it’s not always practical to route traffic through an inline proxy. API integration is analogous to a security surveillance camera, monitoring activity without blocking traffic, and taking action based on what is detected.
CipherCloud API Protection provides:
- Support for Any User, Any Device, Anywhere: Users access the cloud directly through any device, anywhere. CipherCloud integrates with clouds through back-end APIs, monitoring activity, scanning content, applying corporate policies and protecting sensitive data.
- Activity Monitoring and Anomaly Detection: Detailed reporting on users, data and devices with anomaly detection through advanced machine learning.
- Compliance Scanning: DLP content scanning detects potential compliance violations in both structured data and unstructured files.
- Adaptive Policy Controls: Enforces granular, context-aware policies to enable collaboration while taking action to prevent threats and data loss.
- Policy-Based Encryption: Selective, policy-based encryption protects sensitive content to the endpoint, enabling secure file sharing while preventing unauthorized access to sensitive content.
- Frictionless Deployment: The CipherCloud Platform is cloud-based and connects to clouds in minutes via APIs. Authorized cloud administrators can start monitoring and protecting clouds without deploying any hardware or software.
WATCH A WEBINAR
How to Evaluate CASB Solutions, with KuppingerCole