CipherCloud First to Provide Unified Data Protection for All Cloud Services
Accelerates Momentum With New Connectivity and Malware Detection in CipherCloud Version 2 Release, Global Expansion, and Fresh Venture Capital
CUPERTINO, CA–(Marketwire – Aug 25, 2011)
CipherCloud, a leading provider of cloud data security and compliance solutions for cloud applications, today announced the availability of CipherCloud Version 2. New with CipherCloud 2 are out-of-the-box connectors, CipherCloud Connect Open API, and cloud malware detection. These powerful new features allow enterprises to extend protection overall to critical data stored and processed in public and private cloud platforms and applications. CipherCloud 2 connectors for Salesforce, Force.com, Amazon Web Services (AWS), and Box.net facilitate cloud adoption by allowing customers to retain complete control over sensitive data. The open API helps developers and ISVs to create custom connectors that can leverage CipherCloud data protection technology with their public or private cloud applications. Malware detection identifies and blocks infected files from being uploaded, enabling enterprises to protect themselves against attempts by hackers to penetrate data-rich cloud environments.
CipherCloud provides a unified cloud data encryption and tokenization gateway to protect sensitive data on the fly before it’s sent to any cloud, without impacting functionality and usability. Customers can choose from various encryption and tokenization algorithms and retain control over encryption keys at all times.
“When planning to collaborate or leverage cloud services, organizations must consider many security and regulatory compliance measures such as data protection and threat protection technologies,” said Lawrence A. Pingree, research director of data center transformation and security at Gartner. “Flexible encryption technologies are the key to maintaining the security of sensitive data in the cloud. Also, organizations must use anti-virus and anti-malware capabilities when collaborating on documents, to ensure protection as they traverse this new infrastructure between internal and external users.”
“CipherCloud is an ideal solution for our clients’ data privacy and compliance needs — which are the biggest concerns we encounter in the financial sector,” said Kerry L. Jackson, principal at Intellect Solutions. “CipherCloud’s innovative technology and open API eliminate security concerns while enabling our customers to manage their own privacy and regulatory requirements independently.”
CipherCloud Version 2 Features and Benefits:
- Unified Cloud Data Protection – A single gateway and unified policies to protect data across all cloud platforms and applications. As enterprises use multiple cloud services, this solves the challenges associated with single cloud centric solutions.
- Cloud Data Privacy – Data is encrypted, tokenized, or masked prior to leaving the enterprise, and the only set of keys resides with the enterprise; this protects the data and makes it unusable by anyone without the keys. Enterprises can either leverage out-of-the-box connectors provided by CipherCloud, or develop custom connectors using the CipherCloud Connect open API.
- Cloud Data Security – Malware detection capabilities allow customers to protect their public and private cloud platforms against malware attacks spread through files such as infected Adobe PDFs or Microsoft Office documents.
- Cloud Compliance – Consistent logging of user activities across all cloud applications enables organizations to manage compliance and forensic requirements, giving them the ability to find out who is doing what, where, and when, in which application and on which object.
“With CipherCloud 2, we are excited to offer our enterprise customers a unified gateway that addresses current and emerging threats across all cloud data,” said Pravin Kothari, founder and CEO of CipherCloud. “The recent strategic partnerships and investment validate our vision of providing game-changing technology that addresses the key impediments to cloud adoption globally.”
CipherCloud Expands Global Presence
CipherCloud also announced today a partnership with SunBridge Corporation to expand its presence in the Japanese market. SunBridge, a co-founder of salesforce.com Japan and Concur Japan, is a leading implementation partner for enterprises deploying cloud-based services in Japan.
“The solution from CipherCloud addresses the concerns around data privacy, security and compliance that enterprises raise during their evaluation of cloud computing,” said Allen Miner, SunBridge CEO. “We have already identified several prospects for the CipherCloud unified cloud data protection gateway. We are particularly enthusiastic about CipherCloud’s potential to address cloud security in a unified and comprehensive way across the entire spectrum of enterprise cloud services including Japan’s leading domestic providers.”
SunBridge adds to CipherCloud’s worldwide footprint, which already encompasses partnerships in Canada, EMEA, APAC, and Latin America. Partners include:
- Cloudware Connections, a leading implementer of Salesforce and Force.com solutions in Canada
- A leading telecom carrier and cloud computing provider in Europe
- Intellect Solutions, a provider of cloud-based financial solutions in Latin America
- Lava Protocols, a leading cloud computing provider in Malaysia
Amazon Web Services Connector
AWS now has more than 10,000 customers and is fast becoming one of the industry’s most highly used cloud services. To provide users with enhanced cloud data security for their AWS deployments, CipherCloud today also announced a connector for Amazon EC2 and S3.
Fresh Venture Capital
CipherCloud is announcing investment from Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, and T-Venture, the venture capital arm of Deutsche Telekom. CipherCloud investors recognize the market opportunity around cloud data protection needs, and the growing demand for solutions from CipherCloud around the globe.
CipherCloud 2 is now available. For a demonstration, visit CipherCloud at Dreamforce USA 2011 (Booth 218), Aug. 30 – Sept. 2 at the Moscone Center, San Francisco, Calif. For more information, visit www.ciphercloud.com.
CipherCloud (www.ciphercloud.com) provides a unified cloud data protection gateway with award-winning technology to encrypt sensitive data in real time before it’s sent to the cloud. CipherCloud protects enterprise data using encryption, tokenization, and malware detection in any private or public cloud environment without impacting functionality, usability, or performance. CipherCloud eliminates data privacy, data sovereignty, security, and regulatory compliance concerns, and accelerates cloud adoption.
Copyright © 2011, CipherCloud, Inc. All Rights Reserved. CipherCloud and the CipherCloud logo are trademarks of CipherCloud, Inc. All other trademarks or registered trademark are properties of their respective owners.