Vendor’s focus on Continuous Innovation in Cloud Information Protection, Customer Success across Lifecycle, and Global Market Momentum Leapfrogs Competition
CipherCloud, the leader in cloud information protection, today announced that CipherCloud received the highest product score from Gartner in all six “Cloud Access Security Brokers Use Cases” in its recently released report, “Cloud Access Security Brokers: A Comparison of Platform Solutions”. These critical CASB use cases called out by Gartner consist of Architecture, Data Security, Threat Protection, User Entity Behavior Analysis, Compliance and Risk, and Enterprise Integration.
Gartner Research Director Patrick Hevesi noted, “Because keeping sensitive data secure is a key concern in the cloud, data security capabilities are an important part of the value proposition offered by CASBs. Without the data protection capabilities that many CASBs provide, using cloud services simply wouldn’t be an option for many of these organizations.”
CipherCloud platform is built from the ground up to offer a unique combination of end-to-end data protection and CASB’s cloud governance capabilities.
The critical capabilities research report, a companion document to the Gartner Magic Quadrant (MQ) for CASB, is designed “to help technical professionals select the right CASB to protect their SaaS, IaaS and PaaS deployments.” Eleven vendor products were chosen and evaluated for each capability and scored on a varied set of requirements.
Industry’s first CASB, CipherCloud received the highest score in all 6 use cases:
- 100% in Architecture includes in-line (forward-proxy and reverse-proxy) and out-of-band (API) deployment options as well as cloud and on-premise deployment options
- 100% in Data Security includes data loss prevention (DLP), data classification, and field-level and file-level encryption, customer-controlled keys, and tokenization
- 100% in Threat Protection includes adaptive access control, anti-malware, advanced threat protection, and threat intelligence
- 100% in User Entity Behavior Analysis (UEBA) includes alert, block, or remediate
- 100% in Compliance and Risk includes auditing, reporting and cloud app risk. Compliance regulations include GDPR, HIPAA, and PCI-DSS
- 100% in Enterprise Integration includes integration with SWG, firewalls, IAM, IDaaS, EDLP, EMM, and SIEM
“With CipherCloud being the industry’s first CASB provider and the market leader focused on customer success, we’re thrilled with CipherCloud’s top ranking in Gartner’s recent CASB ‘Vendor Comparison’ report,” said Pravin Kothari, CEO and founder of CipherCloud. “It’s critical that enterprises use a single platform that combines end-to-end data protection with CASB’s cloud governance capabilities to secure their sensitive data across multiple clouds. We believe Gartner’s research further solidifies CipherCloud’s ability to execute across the board, by being named a Challenger in the Magic Quadrant for Cloud Access Security Brokers and by receiving the highest score across use cases crucial for driving cloud adoption.”
Gartner Research Director Patrick Hevesi noted, “The primary CASB use case has changed from discovering unsanctioned applications (shadow IT) to providing visibility, threat protection and data protection for sanctioned cloud applications.” Mr. Hevesi said “During the RFP process and vendor demos, many CASB products look alike on the surface. However, major differentiators exist in encryption capabilities, and some differentiation also exists in integration options and capabilities for DLP, UEBA and adaptive access.”
Gartner CASB Vendor Comparison Report
- “Cloud Access Security Brokers: A Comparison of Platform Solutions”. Published: 17 October 2017, Report ID: G00317345, Analysts: Patrick Hevesi, Ramon Krikken
- “Market Guide for Cloud Access Security Brokers”. Published: 24 October 2016,
Report ID: G00293664, Analysts: Craig Lawson, Neil MacDonald, Brian Lowans, Brian Reed
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.