It was great representing CipherCloud at the Gartner Security & Risk Management Summit 2017 last week in National Harbor, Maryland. I had a chance to speak with a number of IT / security professionals and business owners from various companies.
Throughout the conference, I was frequently asked the following questions:
- What model do your customers use to help pass compliance challenges?
- How can CipherCloud help detect and fix abnormalities between cloud vectors?
- What are the security challenges with Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB)?
We answered these questions by showcasing our actionable CASB for data security and encryption solution. Our CASB solution follows the 4 pillars of success, which include:
- Visibility: discover what clouds are in use and where your data is going with multi-cloud user activity monitoring, anomaly detection, and analytics.
- Data Protection: proactively secure sensitive data with DLP, malware prevention, encryption, and tokenization to be certain it is not exposed to unauthorized users, malicious threats, or forced disclosure.
- Compliance: meet the widest range of requirements for data privacy and legal sovereignty while reducing the scope of compliance audits.
- Control: avoid security silos and enforce policies consistently across many clouds with a centrally managed platform and comprehensive security dashboards.
These elements of success have enriched our customers and provided protection against outside threats, which “continues to be at very high levels, with daily accounts in the media of large breaches and attacks. As attackers improve their capabilities, enterprises must also improve their ability to protect access and protect from attacks,” said Neil MacDonald, vice president, distinguished analyst and Gartner Fellow Emeritus. “Security and risk leaders must evaluate and engage with the latest technologies to protect against advanced attacks, better enable digital business transformation and embrace new computing styles such as cloud, mobile and DevOps.”
We realize companies must secure their data on the cloud now more than ever. We allow companies to do this at CipherCloud through multiple protection modes:
- API-based: integrates directly with multiple cloud applications without requiring a gateway and is well suited for collaboration tools from users collaborate in any location.
- Inline-based: provides a control point to apply strong encryption or tokenization on-the-fly for sensitive data fields. Traffic from internal and mobile users is routed through a secure proxy for seamless access to specific protected clouds.
- Web services: enable authorized external applications to access or process protected data. This extends security integration to a wide range of external applications.
If you did not get a chance to speak with us at the Gartner Security & Risk Management Summit this year and you have concerns about the security of your sensitive data, visit our website at www.CipherCloud.com or feel free to call us at 855-524-7437.
“Data is your responsibility, not the cloud provider’s. When things go wrong, you are liable.”